Wednesday 13 April 2016

Scripting and Dynamics - VI

This week has been very exciting as finally everything is finally coming together! As previously mentioned I’ve been working on detecting collision events in order to create fire events. 

My test scene consisted of a sphere affected by gravity that falls into the grid; my goal was to have the sphere trigger a fire event on each cell touched by it and then let the simulation handle all the details about fire spreading around.

In order to implement this I had to research how to create passive rigid bodies procedurally for each grid cell.Once I had this setup working I tagged the sphere with some custom attributes and then added some logic on the collision handling routine to check for the attributes to know the intensity of the fire event.

As of this week I finally have a working version of the whole simulation, but I still feel it is not user friendly enough so before wrapping the project up I’m going to add a small UI tool to manipulate parameters rather than forcing the user to fiddle with custom attributes hidden somewhere in the hierarchy of objects.


Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment